Show Case

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Time to update

Hello it has been a long time since I posted anything to the blog.  Let's say real life tends to get in the way and finding the time to post has been a challenge.  I have disbanded the knitting side of my crafts in order to concentrate of the jewellery making aspect mainly because I can make lots of pretty things in a fraction of the time.

Last Christmas was a good one with me as I was able to sell a few pieces so now I am going to start building that up again in the hope of being ready for this Christmas.  I know it still sounds a long way off but I would like to be prepared.

Here are some of my efforts over the last few months.

I used some oval shaped frosted beads separated with small clear beads and diamante inset finished off with a toggle fastening and matching ear rings. 



A closer look at the details.







I love the marble effect in this beads and the rings linking the bead to the ear wire is called a Byzantine Chain.  You can find a tutorial on how to make this here .  It wasn't easy to do at first as the rings are quite small and I kept dropping them but once I mastered I found that it was quite easy to do.  The earrings are finished off with sterling silver ear wires which hopefully shouldn't tarnish for a long while.

I hope to be posting on a more regular basis so until next time happy beading :)

No comments: